FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH AND EXTENSION INSTITUTE
Notification of Vacancy
POST OF TELEPHONIST/RECEPTIONIST
Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment in the post of Telephonist/Receptionist at the Food and Agricultural Research and Extension Institute (FAREI).
Appointment to the post will be initially on a temporary basis for a period of one year. Subject to satisfactory service, candidates may be offered substantive appointment.
II. AGE LIMIT
Candidates unless already employed in the public service or in parastatal organisations should not have reached their 40th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
A. Cambridge School Certificate with credit in English Language and French or passes in at least five subjects with at least Grade C in English Language and French obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education ‘Ordinary Level’ or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Board.
B. Candidates should –
(i) reckon experience in the operation of a telephone switchboard; and
(ii) be computer literate.
Candidates should produce written evidence of knowledge/experience claimed.
The temporary appointment will carry flat salary at the rate of Rs12,490 a month.
The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale: Rs12,490 x 260 – 14,050 x 275 15,150 x 300 – 15,750 x 325 – 17,700 x 375 – 19,575 x 475 – 21,950 x 625 – 23,200 x 775 – 25,525 (FAREI 15)
V. LIST OF DUTIES:
1. To operate the telephone switchboard (PABX) of the organisation.
2. To receive visitors and guide them in their business with the organisation.
3. To maintain a register of all visitors.
4. To ensure that calls and messages are properly noted and communicated.
5. To control access to offices of the organisation.
6. To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Telephonist/Receptionist in the roles ascribed to him.
VI. MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates are kindly requested to call during working hours at the Food and Agricultural Research and Extension Institute, Head Office, Reduit to collect the application form or to download the application form from the website of FAREI (farei.mu).
Instructions to candidates :
1. Only application made on the prescribed form will be accepted.
2. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the form will lead to disqualification and elimination of the candidate.
3. Applicant should possess all certificates/qualifications at time of application.
4. Copy of certificates and Identity Card must be attached to the application form.
5. Documentary evidence will have to be submitted for experience claimed.
6. The onus for the submission of equivalence of qualification (if applicable) from the relevant authorities (Tertiary Education Commission or Mauritius Qualifications Authority) rests on the candidates. Applications will not be considered failing the non-submission of Equivalence Certificate, as appropriate, by the closing date.
7. The post applied for should be clearly marked on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
8. Application received after closing date will not be accepted.
Note: FAREI reserves the right
(i) to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview.
(ii) not to fill any vacancy.
VII. CLOSING DATE
The duly completed application form should reach the Chief Executive Officer, FAREI, Head Office, Reduit, not later than 3.00 p.m. on 08 April 2019.
Date: 19 March 2019