FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH AND EXTENSION INSTITUTE
Notification of Internal Vacancy
Post of Assistant Director (Crops)
Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment in the post of Assistant Director (Crops) at the Food and Agricultural Research and Extension Institute (FAREI).
Appointment to the post will be initially on a temporary basis for a period of six months. Subject to satisfactory service, candidates may be offered substantive appointment.
By selection from among officers in the grade of Principal Research Scientist (Crops), Principal Research Scientist (Plant Pathology), Principal Research Scientist (Entomology) and Agricultural Coordinators of the Food and Agricultural Research and Extension Institute (FAREI) who reckon at least four years’ service in a substantive capacity in respective grade and who possess-
A. (i) A Degree in Agriculture or in a field related to Agriculture from a recognised institution; and
(ii) A Master’s degree in Agriculture or in a field related to Agriculture from a recognised institution.
Equivalent qualifications to A(i) and A(ii) above acceptable to the Board.
B. Candidates should possess –
(a) Good managerial and problem-solving abilities; and
(b) Good leadership and communication skills.
The temporary appointment will carry flat salary at the rate of Rs62,950 a month.
The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale:
Rs 62,950 x 1,850 – 68,500 x 1,950 – 74,350 x 2,825 – 80,000 x 3,000 – 86,000 (FAREI 50).
IV. MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates are kindly requested to call during working hours at the Food and Agricultural Research and Extension Institute, Head Office, Reduit to collect the application form or to download the application form from the website of FAREI (farei.mu). A list of duties of the post is as per annexed.
Instructions to candidates are:
- Only application made on the prescribed form will be accepted.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the form will lead to disqualification and elimination of the candidate.
- Applicant should possess all certificates/qualifications at time of application.
- Copy of certificates and Identity Card must be attached to the application form.
- Evidence will have to be submitted for experience claimed.
- The onus for the submission of equivalence of qualification (if applicable) from the relevant authorities (Tertiary Education Commission or Mauritius Qualifications Authority) rests on the candidates. Applications will not be considered failing the non-submission of Equivalence Certificate, as appropriate, by the closing date.
- The post applied for should be clearly marked on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
- Application received after closing date will not be accepted. The onus of submission of applications to reach the Chief Executive Officer’s office in time lies solely with the applicants.
Note: FAREI reserves the right
(i) to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview.
(ii) not to fill any vacancy.
V. CLOSING DATE
The duly completed application form should reach the Chief Executive Officer, FAREI, Head Office, Reduit, not later than 3.00 p.m. on 14 December 2018.
Date: 06 December 2018
Download Application Form (you may also right click and save link for later use)